January 01, 2015
Goodbye and so long, 2014
It’s nearing the end of December and I, for one, am glad that 2014 is over. It’s been a very sad and frustrating year for me that only started to perk up towards the end. I’ve learned so much this year – mainly how to cope with the feelings of loss and hopelessness.
I’ll stop being vague. I was pregnant and we lost our baby in February.
The phrase “rollercoaster of emotions” doesn’t even begin to describe how the rest of the year went for me. Ups, downs, loops, dips, all of them. What I’ve learned from the past year is that,
- I am stronger than I thought.
- Love is not about the material thing but it’s who is willing to help you use the bathroom and change your underwear when you can’t do it yourself.
- I have some of the best friends a girl could ask for, seriously. Looking at K, M, and V.
- I can’t control everything.
That last one took a while to sink in. I’m a bit of a control-freak and I want to have a say in whatever is thrown at me whether it comes to personal problems or work-related. I just hope that with 2013 and 2014 being completely shit-tastic years that the cosmos was setting me up for an amazing 2015. I can feel it!
I’ll try to set resolutions that I will attempt to keep, learn to relax a bit more, and learn to just roll with the punches. I think for starters I’ll try to,
- Travel more
- Continue making healthier choices
- Enjoy the small things
Welcome, 2015, I won’t let you down!